This year I slowed way down on my reading.
Also, almost half of the books that I read were not business books. Shocking, I know!
I definitely continued listening to podcasts and working my way through various online courses and trainings.
Honestly, the most valuable reading I did this year was a book that I didn’t even finish. I’m still in the process of working through the book Traction by Gino Wickman (2nd read) with my Productive Therapist team. We are reading it while implementing the concepts from the entrepreneurial operating system (EOS).
More intentional reading with a focus on implementation seems like the way to go. At least for me, right now.
Also, if the balance of how I spend my time tips over into more creation vs. consumption, that’s 100% ok with me. When I build online courses, create new programs or services and record podcast episodes, I have more to show for my time. So, a balance of both consumption and creation is ideal, with maybe a little more of the latter. ” />
Ok, here is my reading list . . .
- The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team – Patrick Lencioni
- Virtual Culture – Bryan Miles (3rd time)
- The Backyard Adventurer – Beau Miles
- How to be Perfect – Michael Schur
- Keep on Going – Austin Kleon
- The Chaos Kind – Barry Eisler
- Out of Sorts – Sarah Bessey
- The EOS Life – Gino Wickman
- Road Back To You – Ian Morgan Cron
- Tiny Business, Big Money – Elaine Pofeldt
- Before the Exit – Dan Andrews
- Artemis – Andy Weir
- You are a Badass at Making Money – Jen Sincero (2nd time)
- Friends, Lovers & The Big Terrible Thing – Matthew Perry
- Amok – Barry Eisler