Quick tips on working successfully with a VA:
- Be crystal clear on expectations (task and timing)
- Over-communicate in the beginning
- Don’t micromanage - leaving the country helps!
- Use technology to share and track tasks (ToDoist/Asana/Trello)
- Give specific feedback when things are not working - Radical Candor / ruinous empathy vs. obnoxious aggression
- Don’t hold back on appreciation and recognition
- Create a standing check-in meeting
- Ask for Friday status reports
I am not exaggerating when I say that hiring a rockstar virtual assistant will be one of the best decisions you have ever made for your business and your well being.